Continuing with my theme of whimsy and enchantment, here is an outline for the Spring Equinox ritual my fiance and I will perform sometime in the next couple weeks. We will not use these words exactly; they are simply to help set the tone for the ritual. We will speak from the heart.
- Start the ritual!
- Make everything clean and shiny! Don’t forget to ground!
- Love the Earth Mother!
- Why are we doing this?
- Make the center of the ritual with Fire, Well, and Tree!
- Hemdall, let us in! (offer mead)
- Love the Ancestors! (offer hot chocolate & ring bell wildly)
- Love the Nature Spirits! (offer jellybeans & blow bubbles)
- Love the Shining Ones! (offer mead & ring bell wildly)
- Love Idunna, the Rejuvenating One! (offer Reese’s egg)
- Love Freyja with praise, since She is my Patron!
- Make final offering of mead!
- What blessings are offered? (take Omen with cards)
- Please give us Your blessings!
- Behold the Waters of Life!
- We accept the blessings! (drink Waters; for me they will be mead)
- Time for magic, if there is any!
- Thanks Shining Ones!
- Thanks Nature Spirits!
- Thanks Ancestors!
- Heimdall, shut the door behind us as we leave!
- Thanks Earth Mother!
- The ritual is over!
I am excited to try this new spin on ritual. It will inject some much needed fun into my Druidry and make it seem much less like work. I am a little nervous to see what the Kindreds will think (especially Idunna and Freyja), but hopefully They will have a sense of humor.
Some people may scoff at this outline and state that this can’t possibly work as a “real” ritual. I say to these people, “Don’t confuse humor for insincerity.” I see humor as a way to relax and allow my true self to come through, which is goofy and silly. If that is not sincere, then I don’t know what is. I think the Kindreds will appreciate me feeling relaxed around Them.