Okay, well it’s a bit of a silly thing, but I figured why not? It’s fun and lighthearted. Thank you to AJ/Melia over at 4 of Wands for giving me the Liebster Award.
Here’s the info about it, copied from Melia’s blog:
“The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The word “Liebster” comes from German and can mean the sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, most beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
So, here are the Rules:
Thank the person who nominated you.
When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure you notify the blogger that you nominated them!) You write up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated your own blog!
Okay, now for the 11 random facts:
- I first became a Pagan on St. Patrick’s Day, the day when St. Patrick “drove the snakes out of Ireland.” This is a euphemism for “converted the pagans to Christianity.”
- I have attended three colleges in total to get my BA in religious studies, which I now hold, after six years on and off.
- At my first college, I managed to pledge the sorority Delta Delta Delta, but I wasn’t initiated.
- When I was little, I wanted to be a scientist.
- I began my lengthy college career with a major in software engineering. That changed to computer science at my second college and finally to religious studies midway through my time at my third college.
- I love to play video games.
- I received an electric guitar from my fiance for Yule, which I am trying to learn how to play.
- According to Ancestry.com’s latest DNA test, I am 85% Scandinavian, 11% Southern European, and 4% Unknown (but I’m pretty sure there’s some Native American in this last percentage).
- I am getting married on September 28 of this year.
- I grew up with a dog named Sammy.
- My favorite color is pink.
Now for Melia’s questions of me:
- Do you like homemade gifts? Yes!
- Why or why not? They take more time to make than simply buying something, so it means someone took time out of their busy schedule just to make me something.
- If pain, money, fading and society reactions were not a factor: what type of tattoo would you get? Pain and societal reactions aren’t a factor anyway. 😛 Money is the biggest issue for me right now. However, I would like to get a tattoo of the band Five Finger Death Punch’s “brass knuckle” logo, possibly with lyrics to their song “The Pride.” This I plan to get upon moving out of my parents’ house on my side. Once I complete my Dedicant’s Oath, I will get a Druid sigil tattooed on my upper right arm (I chose this location because my fiance has one in the same place.). I’m honestly not sure what else I would get at this time. Perhaps a falcon’s feather for Freya.
- What super power would you like to have? I have always wanted to fly! I cannot count how many times I have dreams about flying (outside of an airplane).
- Polyamory: for or against? For, possibly personally, but it really depends on who else would be in the relationship. I don’t mind other people having polyamorous relationships, though.
- Have you ever fired a gun? Yes, in video games! I might have shot a BB gun before, but I can’t remember. An actual gun with real bullets–no.
- Which thing that I have written do you like the best? (Yeah stroke my ego!) This is a tough question! I like your blog Oaken Scrolls a lot, if that helps. 🙂
- Predestination: yes or no? Predestination? You mean like if you’re fated to do something? I honestly don’t know. I feel like meeting my fiance was some sort of fate, since we have so much in common and are pretty much soulmates (though we do argue some, like normal couples).
- Polytheist: hard, squishy or soft? Haha, a squishy polytheist! I’m not quite sure what that would be. I tend to stick pretty closely to hard polytheism–meaning each of the Shining Ones has their own personality and is different from all the Others.
- What is your perception of Zeus? For some reason, I tend to conflate Zeus with Ariel’s father in The Little Mermaid (yes, the Disney version). That is how I imagine Zeus to look, pretty much, except without a trident (since that belongs to Poseidon) and a fish tail (since that wouldn’t make any sense). I know this is odd; that’s me in a word. 🙂
- What do you think I ought to know about you? At the moment, I have no idea. I’ll let you know later in a later addition to this post.
Um, I have no idea who I would give the award to, nor what questions I might ask of them! If I think of anyone, I will add to this post. 🙂